Having a beach ball for a stomach has really opened my eyes as to exactly why pregnant women are so intriguing to watch. Getting out of the car, picking up a dropped piece of paper, putting on socks, sitting up off of the floor, or getting out of bed- all mundane and easy tasks! If you can get there. Now, to a very pregnant gal, It's not as easy as it sounds anymore. Now it is, hoisting myself out of the car, squatting to reach a dropped piece of paper (good on the thighs, tough on the rest) reaching for your life to pull a sock over the toes, rolling from side to side to sit up off the floor, and literally getting a rolling start to heave yourself out of bed. Entertaining? Yes. Nate loves it. But wearisome? Definitely. The other day I was standing in the kitchen getting dinner ready for my darling hubby, and what should happen....but I dropped a spatula. The argument I had in my mind at that moment was rigorous. "Do you REALLY want to bend over and pick that up?" "No.....not really....that's a heck of a long way down....you think I should?" "But what if your center of gravity pulls you over and you fall flat on your face?? Could happen......." "Maybe...but it's excercise in a way. And that's good for me! Right?" Well, all of this ended in me hollering from the kitchen- "Nate! I need you!!" Of course he came a jaunting in, and saw me just staring at the floor bound spatula. He laughed and thought I was pretty ridiculous, but not having to bend that far over and hope I'd make it back- such a relief.
Being at the tail end of a pregnancy is not exactly all it's cut out to be. I have 18 days left til my due date and another Doctor Appointment today (One a week). The doctor checks your progression of course, things get a little personal....and always I leave that office waddling like a duck. The whole of it is truly comedic. As I STILL get bigger (oh yes. It's possible.) Nate and I find ways to laugh about things. As we were waddling through wal-mart yesterday I passed a fellow prego and her husband. She looked about like me, due at any moment the baby decided. As we passed each other, we couldn't help but make eye contact, notice each others discomfort, smile, and even laugh as we passed by. What a bonding moment. Someone who understood that picking up spatulas off of the floor was truly difficult. I can hardly imagine what it will feel like when I have my stomach back all to myself and can not only reach- but SEE my toes! A lady at church told me if I talk soothingly to my baby and "coax" him out, he will hear my voice, understand the instruction, and act on it! She may be crazy, but still......worth a try I guess. Ahem.
Dear Carter,
I know you are not due for 18 more days, but you are done baking! Full term, and all set to go. You have hair (probably very dark), lungs that are ready to breathe, eyes that blink with little lashes, and a strong healthy body like your papa's! Not to mention, I set up your room real cute. A crib, dresser, clothes, and even toys! So many exciting things are out here for you! And Daddy is getting soooo anxious. He asks me every night before we fall asleep if I am going to have you that night. We have our bag packed and we are ready! So mommy would really appreciate it if you took a leap of faith and decided to show her your cute little face just a LITTLE bit early. If you can. Just think about it. It would be fun. But if you can't....I still Love you! -Mommy
Oh Lindsey! You are darling! I loved the spatula dispute. I'm sure that will happen to me. Luckily we have darling husbands to help. I hope baby Carter comes early for your sake. I'm sure all of the discomfort, waddling, and debates with yourself about bending over will all be worth it when he is in your arms. Good luck! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteOh OH OH OHOOHHHHHH my Goodness!!! This is beautiful!! I want your baby to come out soooooo bad!!! I want to see him and hold him and skype with him and feed him an animal cracker in 2 years. By golly Lin! I was Literally Laughing out loud as I created scenes in my head of the marvelous adventures of the beach ball belly. You are TOOOO cute and I am so excited for you... Did you coaxing work? are you in the hospital with a baby and applesauce? do they feed you applesauce there? or pudding? I'm mixing up having a baby with getting your wisdom teeth pulled. 4 of them... 2 would be weak sauce so don't try :) Love you Lin. I need a picture of you being HUGE!! (no offense) Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha LOVE!!! If he doesn't come, he is a stubborn little man, and women like that in a man so you don't have to worry he will be single all his life. :) Ok I was desperately trying to find the positive in him waiting till the last possible second. I was laughing so hard at your spatula dilemma. Derek will mock and tease the living daylights out of me when I get to that point. Teasing is his favorite hobby. :) Good luck these next few weeks! Christine texted me and said we should see you before Carter comes. I agree. Hopefully we will see you soon!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts :) They make me laugh! Then miss you... When are you coming here to see me? Do I have to get prego or something for you to come see me? ;) I am so excited for you and hope you will let me know the day you have the adorable baby! Love ya Linds!
ReplyDelete