Last Friday Nathan and I packed our bags (and boxes, and garbage sacks, and suitcases, and well...everything) and we moved to Salt Lake City! Pretty exciting. We are only 45 minutes from what we call home where both our parents reside, but still. This 45 minutes makes a huge difference! We feel like we are in a completely different place. Alpine is beautiful, mountainous, lots of trees, and pretty houses- and everyone it seems most everyone, is LDS. But in Salt Lake, it is all city! Homeless people on every corner that Nathan has had to stop me (more than once) from giving our monies too, crazy people on the UTA Trax (whom I don't mind meeting as they can be more than humorous), there's busy streets, the smell of smoke, bars on every corner, and folks- this is still UTAH! How naive I am....My other sisters Karlie and Stephanie are living in DC and Houston, so I'm sure that little old Salt Lake is a laugh to them, but I tell you, it's all new to me. We went to our ward for the first time on Sunday, and found our church easily since it stuck out like a sore thumb. It was the first LDS chapel built in salt lake and it looks like a big cathedral. Stain glass windows, a massive painting in the chapel behind the podium of DaVinci's "The Last Supper", and it is truly a piece of work. It was fantastic.
On Sunday after we got home from church, Nate and I made dinner-a fabulous meal of fajitas, but had no where to sit, since we are still looking for a kitchen table. So we used our foot resty thing in stead.
What a Spread! It really was fun :) And deeeeeeeeeelicious of course. But most things are on a fast sunday :)
After dinner, Nate and I went for a walk and took some pictures of our area (which I am never allowed to walk at night), and here are a few things we live around.
.
Across the street from our Apartment building there is a lovely park!! And just down the street is the Salt Lake Spring Mobile Ball Park (aka the Bees Stadium). Nate loves that we live so close and we will surely go to a couple of games.
Monkey Bars are hard when your feet touch the ground...but Nate is wicked good at it anyways.
This is our apartment complex, the Jefferson School Apartments. Thus far we have loved it!
There's plenty of fun things to do in Salt Lake so I am sure that we will keep ourselves plenty busy with all sorts of fun and adventure!
You're cute. You are fun. You are exciting. You are blastin Prego. You are a delight. You are my friendie... I wanna take a "getting to know your home" walk in our new village... and I'll share... I think it will just be trees. Fun. Love you Lin.
ReplyDelete