Ever since Nate and I found out we were having a baby-and especially a boy, i have seen just about a bajillion pictures of Nathan when he was little. His mom is a super awesome major scrap-booker, so she has kept a collection of photos all the way through Nate's childhood and growing up...it really is such a shame that his life being well documented is suffering because of me haha. But alas, scrap-booking is not for the weary and I feel like I may not entirely be cut out for the rigorous task. We'll see. Thus far, my skills consist of taking pictures and putting them on the computer. But this is a tangent :) All of Nate's darling baby pictures started making me a little sad! Don't get me wrong, he is darling! But Carter is only half of Nate. The other half-me. And since I inherited my scrap booking nothingness from MY parents....I had not even seen many pictures of me when I was little! It didn't bother me until I turned page after page of Nate's scrapbooks and kept wondering.. "now what did i look like at this age again?" I know baby Carter will have plenty of Daddy's qualities, but he'll have some of mine too....and I couldn't really imagine what they'd be like!
Well, just recently my pops was going through a bunch of old slides that they had. He digitized them, and low and behold!! There was my missing childhood! I was thrilled! Now that I knew what Nate looked like, I could finally put Carter's other half possibilities together! This is what I came up with...
 |
| Juice Lips... |
 |
| Crazy Eyed... |
 |
| Prone to Wear High Rise Pants....? |
 |
Confused/Concerned...
|
So....maybe Daddy's qualitites will be a bit more preferable...but we'll see. That is for another post!!
Oh you can only hope that he will have his mommy's Plump lips. MMMmm boy. Then my Daughter (that I have in the next decade) will marry your Carter cuz she'll like plump lips. Just sayin. These are darling pictures of you. love you Linny Pop.
ReplyDelete