The thought of having a baby is so exciting! I have been looking forward to this for months! Sometimes it feels like it won't come fast enough...but now that I have 25 days until my due date and baby could come whenever from here til then....the thought is a little bit terrifying! Still exciting of course, but me? Have a baby! One minute it's inside of you safe and sound, and the next a nurse is handing you this tiny thing and telling you to take it home! Life as I know it is about to change FOREVER. Crazy? Yes. More exciting than anything? Definitely. I remember being little and seeing women pregnant and hearing horror stories about labor and deliveries, and deciding in my mind that a woman in labor is possibly the worst thing. And now here I am! The stork knocking at my doorstep! And what's funny, is you grow up and still see women pregnant....and they still feel the need to tell all of their horror stories! Why is this? It's almost as if the moment they see your blossomed stomach, they congratulate you, smile, then instantly pull out a comment like, "Well, good luck....I had a really rough go.....". Of course you have to ask what they mean for courtesy purposes, but who has the gumption to look at an expecting mother and say, "Well, it was fine- I just was in labor for 30 hours, my placenta tore in half so they had to get the baby out fast, who was struggling for life because their lifeline had torn, and after the brutal beating my body had taken, the recovery time was dreadful....blood clots....second hospital visit....blah blah....but you'll be fine!!". If one of these stories comes up, look out. Because someone is about to beat that story with something worse. Is that even possible? Sadly, it always is. It reminds me of Brian Reagan and his bit on "The two wisdom tooth tale..."
There is always someone who will be willing to one up the old wisdom tooth (or pregnancy) story. Hilarious. But being so close to giving birth- I think for now, I will disregard those and be soooo excited to meet my little Carter!! Then maybe I can come up with something good to frighten all of the prego ladies and win the wisdom tooth tale contest!! We'll see :)
Oh Lin... I can't top that. I'm not prego and I have no horror stories... You win... you always do. I just wet my pants though. Oh Thank you Lin. I promise I notice this syndrome all the time. Love it. but hate it. and love you. did my comment make sense? all I'm saying is I want to make a count down chain across the states and I'll get to rip of my papers 2 hours earlier than you due to the time difference... Top that.
ReplyDelete25 days?! By george it's coming fast! I felt like I just barely heard rumors from my friends that you were preggers before you had announced! Heh. PS...you have THE cutest pregnant belly I've ever seen. You are tiny and all baby. I pray that I can look that cute when I'm pregnant.
ReplyDelete