After having moved to the big ole city of Salt Lake, Nate and I spent a couple of sleepless nights unpacking and setting up. As we were doing so on our first evening here, we had a friendly knock on our door. It was the couple who live above us, Dan and Anna Seethaler. Commonly referred to as Danna, since dan and anna repeated a few times can be a bit of a tongue twister. Nate knew Anna a little from high school, and I knew her younger sister so conversation began very quickly. They came in and we talked and talked, and ever since- we have been pretty much bestos. We plan meals together, we drive to church together, we stay up to 1:00 am together, we play the kinect together :), and we do a million random things together. We always know where the others are, and Nate and Dan are pretty much ALWAYS wanting to hang out. Nate informed me just the other night, that aside from me, Dan was his new best friend. (Such a little boy like comment, but I adored it) There hasn't been anything we probably haven't talked about, but really nothing we wouldn't feel comfortable talking about. Long story short- we just love them. Anna is preggers like me, and due on August 4th with her first baby (a girl), and Dan is just beginning the business program at the U of U like nathan. Perfect? Yes. We do fun stuff. Here's a couple of favorite outings.
Outing 1: We both packed a little picnic and went to the park on a sunny afternoon, to enjoy the weather and the good company! Dan and Nate were kind enough to grace us with their modeling skills...for a minute :)
 |
| Nate and Dan under their favorite tree |
 |
| Me and Anna on the blanket (really just moving as little as possible) |
 |
| Dan is pretty tall like the tree, so is Anna. So the last name Seethaler (see-taller) is really appropriate) |
 |
Nathan and his dashingly good looks. Stop it hun...
|
Outing 2: Have you ever heard of a boil? I sure hadn't. But apparently this is a big fun thing back east where Anna and Dan served their missions. You basically boil a bunch of things together, and dump it on a table to eat with your hands. You line the outside of the table with different dipping sauces, and pretty much make a mess. Brilliant. Well, we decided to try and pull it off. Success!! We boiled little red potatoes, delicious sausage, and corn on the cob and dipped them in a few yummy sauces and played with our food like kids! We also had finger fruits, so needless to say- this meal is a definite must do. Take a look for yourself.
 |
| Begin by boiling your choice of foods, and don't forget to photograph! Thanks Anna for showing us how. |
 |
| Be serious about using knives..they are dangerous. |
 |
| Find a table cloth you don't care for (this is plastic) and carefully place your dipping sauces at each place. |
 |
| Anna is a really great sauce placer. |
 |
| We used ketchup, barbecue sauce, and sour cream. |
 |
| Dump your food in the center of the table! Yay! Only be careful of the steam... |
 |
| This still couldn't look any better... |
 |
| Bon Apettit! Enjoy making a mess of your hands! |
A boil!! Not the tastiest of names for dinner....but Funnest thing ever? Yes, it is. Dan and Anna are fantastic. These two outings have only scraped the surface of the good times we have together. And more are yet to be had! We love our new friends!!
Sounds like so much fun! I am so glad that you guys have found friends in Salt Lake :) You look gorgeous Linds!
ReplyDeleteLin- I love this.... you and your little hubby, with besties, and boilin'- that my friend is livin' the dream... plus I love your hair AND little carter in your tummmy!
ReplyDeleteAnna Lott Right? that is soooo fun!!!! it's so fun to move away and find friends that will be forever and find out that you were connected before the move and didn't know... That's what we did with Parker and Megan Tycksen. We (you and I) are so blessed to have such beautiful friends that make moving funner :) love you and your belly. the boil sounds like a scream. like really, I'd prolly scream. love it.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness it's Anna lott! How fun! I didn't even recognize her with short hair until I saw Paige's comment. That's so great. Also, I could have sworn I have commented multiple times on this cute blog of yours, but I can't find them anywhere. We keep thinking the "new" neighbors are going to be our best friends, and they always end up hardly ever saying a word. Our poor little quiet complex couples. We are managers so we think people are scared of us. Sad right? But we find it hilarious at the same time.
ReplyDeleteAren't good friends the greatest?! Our best friends are actually moving away this Saturday and Phil and I are so sad. It is great to make friends and know that you will be friends FOREVER! It looks like you guys do some fun things together. Oh and you could not be any cuter of a pregnant woman! I just love it.
ReplyDelete