Monday, May 16, 2011

My How We Kinect!

When Nate gets something on his mind, it's there for keeps. Which can be a good and a bad thing. Lately the one thing on his mind has been the xbox Kinect. I got him an xbox for christmas and my boy was never happier! Until he realized I hadn't gotten the special kinect piece (to reduce the price of course), and now it's been the only thing he googles or ksl's or looks at online. With his big puppy brown eyes. It's the worst when he'd make comments like "Wow! This one on KSL is a really really good deal!" then he'd look over at me when I held back any response...then continue searching the ads. Or when he'd say, "Hun! Look at all of the cool things that it can do. You'd probably even play with me! It's really neat....." followed occasionally with a sigh. How is a girl like me who is smitten by this guys every glance suppose to cope with this!? We are soon to be parents! We are still considered fairly newly weds! We need things like diapers, wipes, and bottles! But alas...my tender heart cracked under pressure. I got on KSL myself when I was alone, and found a truly amazing steal on a brand new, and never used kinect. Then without letting Nate know, I bought the darn thing.
The thing is awesome, it really is. It scans the room, knows how much playing space you've got, and copies your every single move!! No controller involved, you do everything with your hands, feet, and full boday, and it very impressive. It also takes pictures of you while you play so you can see just how goofy you really look. I figured Nate deserved this toy. He works so hard every day at work and he deserves a fun surprise now and again I think. And surprised he was. His smile was priceless, I got quite a few extra kisses that day, and I've had a little extra help with dishes and laundry lately too :) Win-Win. What a sweet heart. He and his buddy Dan spent a couple hours trying it out after I brought it home, and they were laughing and sweating and jumping and bouncing around, and I'll admit-as an onlooker, it was VERY entertaining. Isn't it great that 23 year olds can get so worked up over an electronic or a little game? I guess the moral of this post is that sometimes...you make unecessary purchases for fun. And they are worth it. Thank you kinect for teaching Nate quicker reflexes, giving him a daily workout, and the most little-boy like smile every time he plays! And thank you for making sure the housework is always caught up too ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are a darling little shopper... who can deny beautiful brown puppy dog eyes? I've got a pair that I can't deny either.... oh men. I'm battling the PS2 "we gotta have it" phase. I don't know if I'll be as kinda and whimsical as you Lin. Love you. Carter comes soon. AHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok CUTE. You are such a good writer. That sounds so much like me! That's hilarious. I'm always trying to sneakily say things to convince Derek to let me buy things. He now knows that if he doesn't give in for about a week, I'll get over it. Haha. You are so sweet to surprise him with that! How fun. I think video games such as the lovely kinect is a good investment cause it's great exercise! Derek and I played his family's kinect boxing game and we were sore for dayyys. Pathetic, i know. I love your blog. You are so cute pregnant! I'm so excited for you! We are also in salt lake. We should get together!

    ReplyDelete