Saturday, May 7, 2011

Two Cookies in One!!

Oreo-Stuffed-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n.jpg

Lately I have had such a great time trying out new recipes and making my cute husband the guinea pig at testing all of them. The other day I made those yummy rolo stuffed cookies to take to a party, and they were delightful. I recently made homemade creme puffs for my friends, and Nate is bound to come home to something different and exciting every day. I have this cook book called "The Gathering of Friends" which I am a huge fan of, and have yet to make all of the recipes its beautiful pages hold! And this book-is only volume one! I have begun a quest. Well, this obsession with new recipes and fun things to make is not only limited to my cookbook, but I do plenty of online looking as well. One day in my blog browsing, what should I come across? Ho-ho!! A recipe for Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. Sounds dangerous right? I thought so. Which is why I wanted to try them. Be risky! Walk the edge! Make something bold and overwhelming that most people would expect to be a failure or more than they could handle! And I did. I made them, and pictured above is what they looked like. But what they tasted like, Nathan and I find hard to describe other than "a new favorite from something that would have never been favorite before". They were fantastic!! I found them on the blog called "Picky Palate", a darling blog that a cute gal uses to post all sorts of fun recipes she creates or finds! This being one of them. So frankly, I cannot take the credit. I highly recommend googling her blog however, and looking at all of the fun things she has made! They are quick, easy, creative, pleasing to the eye, and definitely worth the while! These were DIVINE. And that is saying it simply. I feel like I should dedicate my making these cookies to my sister Stephanie. When I visited her in Michigan, we ate atleast a few double stuffed oreos every night before bed with a glass of milk and a spoon in case the cookies sunk to the bottom of the glass and we needed to rescue it from a soggy and sad ending. I think that she would TRULY appreciate what I did tonight. Steph....I'm just sayin'... I am feeling VERY pleased with the way things have turned out. In fact, we are SO confident that we've invited friends over to enjoy them with us! So that is all for now! 

1 comment:

  1. what the SKELCH!! i am going to look her up right now!! My long days alone are the perfect setting for a Oreo Chocolate chip explosion!! wow. You are a gem. Thanks for sharing deary.

    ReplyDelete