Thursday, April 14, 2011

Them Man Instincts...

Lately, Nate had this craving to plant a garden. Of course, being the young couple that we are we have no plot or room for a real garden of our own! Yet, he would not give up on his "instinctual behavior to harvest and provide". So we have sort of a make-shift garden if you will. On a sunny afternoon we made our way to Home Depot and bought planter boxes, a massive bag of fertilized soil, and a whole slew of different seeds. Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, crookneck squash, cucumbers, jalapenos, and Nate even let me get a few flowers :) We got home, and started two pots- our peppers and some snapdragon flowers, and we are faithful waterers and try to give them as much tender love and care. We were very excited. Here is the beginning of our gardening quest! 




Some new couples spend their monies on groceries. But how can I say no when my husband is certain that these plants will save us money and be our own produce section right on our own porch? I couldn't break his heart like that, or trample on his manly instinct to provide! Now that he's got my support, I only hope that the little seeds do their darndest to prove him right too :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh good Gandhi!! Lin! You are delightful! I want a garden now but I'll wait for my man's instincts to kick in... we may be a while on the whole gardening thing. I love it! Let us know when we can come shopping at the "Newman Necessities Inc." A bushel of Jalepenos here and there. Thanks for being perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys will have a full garden in no time! :) I love your cute ideas Lindsey! And I love that we are going to stay in better contact now that we have blogs. I am excited for our little "date" next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we are doing a garden on our balcony!!!! My favorite part was nate's quote. lol.

    ReplyDelete