Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite!!




Nathan and I thoroughly enjoy the "little" things in life. And we may be some of Wal-Mart's most faithful shoppers. You find all sorts of special treasures that cheap newly married and expecting parents can find such joy in buying! Like these $1 and $3 kites we bought from our neighborhood friendly Wal-Mart. It was a blustery day just ripe for the kite flyin' but we didn't know it until we passed these beauties in the store. For $4 it was one of our more exciting purchases. We wasted not a moment and so to the park we ran!! Mine was the $1 kite, the one pictured above with Lightening McQueen. It looks like it is up real high, but in all honesty, it struggled a bit and didn't necessarily get up very high at all. Nate kept telling me it was not the kite but it's flyer, which may be partially true, since we had a rough encounter with a tree.... but the real truth of the matter is, I had the cheaper kite. Cheaper, but the character was much better than Nathan's.

So anyways. Nathan was probably more successful with his kite endeavors. His kite was a Transformers Kite, and well, apparently the $3 kite is worth those extra two bucks. After running the park back and forth, being completely out of breath, and dragging lightning mcqueen not so gracefully behind me, I decided to play photographer and capture Nate and his brilliance. His kite got really high up!! And it glided beautifully!


Nate has a gift for the art of kite flying. But after it got really cold and we were SO wind blown that even the best wind was too much for our little kites, we packed up and went home. But our kite flying days have only just begun!! And Lightning and myself have some practicing to do.

1 comment:

  1. You are DARLING. I Love you so much Linny! I'm SOO excited to get to follow your life while I'm abroad in NC. I will prolly get really into blogging cuz that will be my job of sorts... maybe after I'm done with my other job. Moral of the story: I'm excited for your blogness.

    ReplyDelete