Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Fantastic Fruity Fiasco!

Does this look like sweet bliss all stuffed into a darling little mug? It is. How I know? Well, yesterday being my big 21st birthday, my adoring husband was FAR too good to me!! Being 21, LDS, and pregnant..well that rules out any alcoholic purchases, so what is so good about turning 21 anyways then? The picture above is good enough reason for me. I CRAVE fruit! All fruit! Any fruit! Fruit juice, fruit popcicles, fruity treats, fruit anything. I recently bought a pineapple at the store, which I consumed entirely by myself. I would be really embarrassed about that but I am keen enough to know that pineapple is rich in Vitamin A and C, and is good for the digestive system. (So baby Carter Newman loves it too). I am lovin the strawberries, the raspberries, the berries I never liked before (blueberries) and I am certain that I could eat myself to death with just fruit fruit and more fruit.
So Nate being considerate of my uncontrollable crazy prego craving saw me browsing online at these darling fruit boquets a couple of months ago. I mentioned how glorious they looked, and the fact that some are dipped in a delicious chocolate was a beautiful touch. Well, yesterday on my birthday, who should stroll into my work with not a boquet of flowers but a boquet of heaven sent fruit? Yes, my sweetheart, the world's best husband. The fruit was divine and the mug cute to boot! How is it that I got so lucky in finding a guy who remembered the little things? He's perfect. After eating this birthday blessing, I was wishing it would sprout more fruit and reappear as cute as it was at first. I am thinking I may go to the store and collect the supplies to make a few of these to leave in my fridge at home, so that as I go to satisfy my craving for fruit, I am visually satisfied as well :) We'll see. All I can say for now is thank heaven for this edible assortment!!  


3 comments:

  1. Love love love it! Nate is a thoughtful Beast!! Fruit and a bouquet? seriously? that's perfect! Just like you. Can't wait to play with you. how's your new housey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SISTER! You're already a blogging genious---yours is way cuter than mine! No need to be embarrassed about the pineapple. I just bought a case of mangos at Costco (you can only imagine how many that might be!) and would singlehandedly eat several a day. Yup.

    ReplyDelete