Monday, March 25, 2013
The Waiting Game!
I have put off my blog for a little bit now because i didn't want to blog again until I had really exciting, "I'm not pregnant anymore!" kind of things to blog about. Sadly, as this is not the case, I thought I'd write down a few last thoughts before little girl arrives. Being 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant with your second child, you start to grow weary of waiting. How long do you have to pray for patience until it actually starts to stick? A lifetime I'd say. I am so hungry with the idea of holding a sweet newborn baby girl in my arms and showing Carter finally that Baby Clarissa IS real, even though he can't see her when he lifts up my shirt! So anxious to feel the success of a natural birth and to put to use all of the pink and purple things that I want to dress her in! I am also anxious to breathe again, to run, to take back my own hormones and let baby Clarissa take hers packing. Anxious to not be swollen, kankle lady! To bend over with ease to pick something up, to not rely on nap time every day to get by, and to be able to get out of bed during the night. The grass is always greener isn't it? I know that once baby is here I will be equally exhausted and have a whole new person and schedule to adjust to, but I am so excited to see her sweet little face! It's a shame that each pregnancy and baby has to be SO different. With Carter, at this point I was progressing great and ready to have him a week early! I have no such hopes for this child sadly. It is even more tantalizing to feel like every pregnant person I know at present (aside from 1!) is holding their sweet baby in their arms...so we will do what we have to do to get her here safely..but with haste! I never thought I would be so excited to give birth! :) But I am truly anxious for the experience again. So here's to all the pregnant people out there who are stuck in the middle of the "waiting game". May there be few days left of sausage-like feet and fingers, and a fast approaching delivery day! Signing off until I have pictures to plaster this page with of a sweet new face :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! Can't wait for you to plaster this blog with cute pictures of her!
ReplyDeleteAhh Linds I know how you feel, darlin! She will be here before you know it :D I just have to keep telling myself that. Hang in there! I look forward to pictures of your little sweetie!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see pictures! And hopefully I'll get to see her in person too! Excited for you! :)
ReplyDeletegood luck with everything!! can't wait to see that beautiful baby girl!
ReplyDelete