Near the heart of downtown Concord, lived Louisa May Alcott and her family- the authoress of Little Women. I could not have been more excited to learn about her life and aquaintances and passion! Unfortunately, no photography was allowed inside because SO many of what was inside were their actual items! Furniture, paintings, personal items, and even some of the costumes Louisa made for their at home performances :) (You little women fans will love that-I did) I was amazed at the condition the house was in- so beautiful and all of their belongings so well kept. Incredible!
Ralph Waldo Emerson lived nearby and he actually helped the Alcott's purchase this home. What a pal!
This is a school that Mr. Alcott had built to help educate women and "colored" people of the day. It is right outside their home. They were an amazing family- all of them.
Sadly this is the extent of our photography, but everything inside was truly sensational! Sometimes I feel like I may have been born in the wrong era.....
So after our history lesson for the day, how better to wind down than with some ice cream? This shoppe in Concord is a personal favorite. So quaint, and cute! All homemade ice cream too!
"Reasons to be Cheerful" :) They'll give you a good 15-20 flavorful reasons.
Darling right? Lots of nights they feature live bands downstairs.
Moo loves his ice cream!
Love me some chocolate Ainsley face.
So a truly successful Saturday! So fun and so enlightening! I really enjoy seeing new places and living somewhere new and exciting! More adventures to come!










I'm so jealous of this Saturday!!! And of Ainsley's chocolate face! And seriously can't believe what a chunk Carter Moo is! Glad you guys are getting out and playing! Xoxo
ReplyDelete