So apparently we moved to Concord at the most opportune time. Right in the heart of the apple orchard season!! I was so excited to go to one of these orchards that it was one of the first things that we did to welcome the fall season. The orchard we chose to go to was called Honey Pot Hill Orchard, and it was a beautiful drive there and very picturesque the whole trip. Complete with hedge maze, acres and acres of beautiful orchard, little animal scenes for the kids, and the most amazing goodies you have ever had. Freshly pressed cider, caramel apples, even hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch if you wanted, but most importantly- happiness thrown into two words. CIDER. DONUTS. Need I say more? Yes. Because I personally don't think enough could ever be said! These things are amazing. Better. I felt like I could easily eat my weights worth. They are quite popular around here, but at the orchard they are fresh, warm, and homemade. Heaven! Truly a new passion of mine only recently discovered! They made my night so awesome and the next morning even better. I am a donut lover. But these were sublime.
Here is a look at the rest of the place.


So we decided to make some of our own caramel apples in celebration of the apple season! A few snapshots. Sorry for the quality. They were taken on a phone, and not everyone is in the photos. But we made them with my awesome sister Kar, her husband Ryan and my darling niece and nephew Dean and Ainsley. So fun having them nearby to spend time with us and eat unhealthy delicious things!!!
It is definitely appropriate to lick your caramel off the counter top.
This will be a tradition for us as long as we live here!!












I want the donut!!!!! Now.
ReplyDelete