Thursday, November 8, 2012

Concord Hollow

Halloween at the Newman's was pretty awesome. My sister Karlie and I made costumes for Carter and Ainsley who are the same age, and it was my first homemade costume! I am very proud of the result. The two of them went as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf and they were pretty adorable. Karlie's little Dean was a firefighter so he pretty much rocked. Karlie and I each made a pot of Chili as is tradition in our family to eat Chili on Halloween. Hers was a white bean chili and mine a spicier mexican chili. Delicious. After dinner we took the kiddos trick or treating around the neighborhood and by the end they were pros. Carter got the hang of knocking on the door and saying "treat?" to which he would grab a candy, drop it in his darling Grandma Newman homemade bag and say "teenk you!" (thank you of course). It was the most heart warming thing ever. In between doors, he would take off running and yell "Go, go, go!!" As Nate does quite often to get him movin' along. Haha it was really cute. And Ainsley was really good at slyly taking more than one treat at each door. Dean knew they were both amateur but he went along with it. What a sweetie. Take a look at this Newman made preview of the night. It pretty much sums things up...



I will post a few more Halloween pictures once I get them uploaded! 






1 comment:

  1. HIlarious and CUTE! You made a feature film?! You are too much fun. Miss you and can't wait until you post more pics of the precious booger. Love you!

    ReplyDelete