Saturday, April 28, 2012

Boston Pictures

   So the travel day was pretty rugged, but the rest of the weekend in Boston was truly wonderful! Here are pictures to prove it! Get ready for a million of them! I really love the way Boston looks. The red brick buildings and the colonial feel.



Romantic Fire Escape




These are pictures of Newbury Street. A really long shopping frenzy street with musicians all over the place and high end stores! Stores down those cute stairs and up! Everything you could ever hope for!


This pink little place above looked like it should be my home one day. A "You've got Mail" feel to it that I love!


Me and the man at Boston Commons (the beautiful City park!)






Catching my ride on the subway! This was so fun! I became a pro at the metro system out there with all my spare time while nate was in his Conference!

This restaurant was RIDICULOUS. So amazing, truly the best Italian food we have ever eaten. Nate got lobster ravioli and I ordered a chicken dish that we are going to try somehow to recreate. I could have drank the sauce. I truly have not had better food anywhere else. This was on Hanover street in the North End. They have all these little hole in the wall restaurants (most all are italian) and each one only has like 4-6 tables max! People stand in lines to eat there because it is so delicious.


Here is a place where people truly stand in line though. It's called Mike's Pastry, and the place was SWARMED! The line went all down the streets. They move at lightning pace though so we didn't wait long. This place is known for its cannoli. It truly was fantastic. And they wrap all their pastries in these cute little boxes! Every thing is the size of your head or bigger and we ate cheesecake there that is worth the flight again. WOW.


Cute cobblestone streets!

This is Paul Revere's home! Pretty neat! We were actually there on the anniversary of his big ride I think!

Sunday I went alone to the Museum of Fine Arts. It was SO neat.



If I had a lot of money I would buy this piano for my sister Steph to put in her multi million dollar home she will have one day for being so genius. 


These Greek pottery artifacts made me hope some of the people on them would sing like on Hercules


And all this Egyptian coolness made me think while I was in a museum of Egyptian history that the music to Aida would just start playing and the show would start. It did in my head a few times...



HUGE Painting. I don't know how an artist could manage that!



 
 Rino's place was a restaurant on that show "Diners, Drive In's, and Dive's." Watch the youtube clip and you will die. It looked unreal. So we decided to go before our flight home! You can tell by the look on Nate's face, it wasn't opened in time....heart break.

And this was the good ole rental car that took us this way and that! 

Boston is wonderful! I love it and would love to live there one day!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun! I hope your birthday was amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Linds! This looks like so much fun. The whole chaotic beginning stressed even me out. I'm so sorry. But glad the trip turned out good! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AMAZING!! You made me hungry haha. Keep the blogs coming (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIN!!! What A vacation! And Nate is a little dear bringing you with him...You guys are the cutest couple. I am so glad you got to play hard for your bday!

    ReplyDelete