Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Shout Out to My Fam

Isn't family the greatest? Carter never sleeps (in fact he's screaming from his crib as I speak), Nate leaves cupboards and drawers open like it's going out of style, I leave my clothes strewn out right and left, we all get on each others nerves, throughout the week dishes pile up, laundry is a JOKE, no one can ever find enough food in the pantry and somehow....somehow we have to always go to the store AGAIN. Work is exhausting for nate and myself, so quality time is not easily found. Each week brings some new disaster. And still in the back of my mind I hear a little voice, (maybe my mom's) telling me this is just the very beginning :)  But where would I be without all of this chaos?? LONELY. Each weekend we get our lives back in order, sometimes Carter takes a good nap and we all catch some shut eye, Nate is sooo thoughtful and always does sweet things to make me smile, and I like to think I'm a decent wife and mother to my boys. And at the end of the day even though I know I'll get no sleep and things will be crazy- I am anxious to come home! That's a little backwards....but truth be told, my family is the BEST. We make each other laugh hysterically, and we are all very good at cuddling. We are affectionate, I love holding my husbands hand, we like to surprise one another, and we are, like most families in the beginning- just trying to make it from one day to the next. The other day we went and took some pictures together as a little family that reminded me of how good the view is from where I sit. Here's to the good life folks!!


 

 





 

 

 





7 comments:

  1. These pictures are so adorable!! Did you take them with your new fancy camera?? I really do love these pictures! And you, Mrs. Lindsey, are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a friend from Nates in High School and stalk your blog occasionally! Cute, cute family! For the little guy you should get the book healthy sleep habits, happy child! Your life will change forever and everyone will sleep! My 2 1/2 month old is already sleeping through the night! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot stuff. that is all i can say:) Little moo is in the other room as I post away:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a cute family you have. You are the cutest little mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds these are gorgeous! You have such a beautiful family. And little Carter just keeps getting more and more handsome. Love it. I also love the realness of it. Those are my favorite. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Senor Moo in the pumpkins!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete