Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dear Old Utah


Saying goodbye to the place you lived for 22 years is a hard thing to do I'd say. For me, it was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be. Although it's not a permanent goodbye, leaving the family, friends, restaurants, streets, splash pads, parks, and familiar stop lights and cities was a tough thing for me. Packing was a beast, but we did have the great opportunity of staying with my parents and family for a month before we left. Nothing could have brought us closer with them and we are so grateful for their kindness! There were a lot of fun and exciting things we were able to do before we left though, and it was such a great chance to connect with all the people we loved and would miss! Though I do not have pictures to document it all, here are a few pictures of our last little while in Utah. Keep in mind, most of this will be pictures of my favorite and cutest baby boy ever. It's just more fun for me that way!



Carter still loves his binks. LOVES it. Wish us luck trying to break that habit!  No way on earth he will let it go without a fight. A serious fight.

Carter was really awesome at helping us pack up and put things wherever he felt like it! Still looking for a few key items...

 Packing up little by little! Takes an eternity...






We made sure to play outside plenty in the beautiful Utah outdoors! We love the mountains and everything about Utah and it's beautiful atmosphere. This was at a stake breakfast that we went to. Carter wasn't so much interested in the food as he was the trees that were being trimmed nearby.

 
 Swinging on our Pleasant Grove playground one last time!
 Poor Nate. He did so much working loading our truck then unloading it again into our storage unit. Thanks to all who took time from their day to help! He was so grateful!! And this is his tired-"do we have to do that again?" face.
 Moving in with Grandpa and Grandma Rhodes and Carter's aunts and uncles was a lot of fun! He loves them all so very much and had the best time having so many people around!
 We had to play a few rounds of runaway laundry basket. One of Carter's favorites as you can see.



 Little Carter man went and got a hair cut! He was the best little guy ever! I was so impressed!!

Have you ever cried over a car? I cried like a baby when we sold rhonda the honda. She drove us to Nate's mission in Texas, lots of fun trips to st. George, brought Carter home from the hospital, and held a really special place in my heart. I was pretty sad saying goodbye to this gem.




Carter loves movie time. He will sit like a good boy and watch it for quite awhile! He loves the Lion King, and loves sitting with his Aunt Roch, possibly his very favorite aunt which is pretty darling.

We spent time playing at Grandpa and Grandma Newman's too and carter loves that little spinny toy so much!

We also went to our first OB visit to check out our new little passenger that would be joining us soon!


So a lot of things happened before we left. We each had the chance to get together with our good friends. My cute girl friends put together a few little parties before I left and we got together quite a bit! I love them dearly! And Nate did a few things with his guy friends too. We have so many great people in our lives that I miss already! But this adventure truly has only just begun!

1 comment:

  1. By Golly Lin. You sure know how to make me miss you even more. And I seriously NEED to squeeze Carter. Like big time. He's my favorite and I don't think I could every get sick of looking at pictures of that chubby munchkin. He's toooooooooo adorable. I realize this is on the way, BUT, I need pics from your new home! Pronto! I love you Lin. I miss you too.

    ReplyDelete