Friday, August 3, 2012

Moving

I can't believe how quickly life changes! One minute you are living in Pleasant Grove Utah, near family and your home town-the next you are packing your things and moving across the country? Yes, Nate and little Carter and me are moving to Concord, Massachusetts near the Boston area. Nate being gone as frequently as he is asked his company about us moving to his area. Because my husband is a hard worker and so driven and wonderful- they said "Sure we will relocate you to Boston! What a great idea!" So now, here we are. Talking about selling cars and furniture, driving 3 days across the country, finding new renters for our current apartment, and flights home for Christmas. Call me sentimental, but selling Rhonda the Honda for me is daunting. Rhonda was mine and Nate's first car together. We paid for it all on our own! She drove us to Lubbock, TX to visit Nate's mission. She brought Carter home from the hospital! She has taken us on many road trips and been such a good car! Funny how things can gain personification...but more than Rhonda though I love her dearly, I am really sad to move Carter away from his grandparents and aunts and uncles. It's been so fun watching him with Aunt Roch and Aunt Erin, with Grandpa Newman looking for Max dog, following little cousins Keira, or Maddox and wanted to be such a big boy. I know he loves every single one of them! And so do I. Thankfully, to make our transition a little easier, my sister Karlie and her little family have actually just moved to Concord themselves!! We are even going to be living in the same apartment complex if you can believe it! So neat! We haven't had the chance to live around them for a few years at least so it will be so fun and so exciting still having family close by. Not to mention, Kar has her cute kids Dean and Ainsley (who is Carter's exact age) so cousins will still be close by! So although leaving is so bitter, this change will also be very sweet :) We are SO excited for this new adventure that we are going on!! And we are hitting the road September 25th. Just driving out on the open road!!!

Say hello to our new home!




Nate has already been through Concord, and he knows I am going to love it there. By what he's told me, it's very Stars Hollow/Gilmore-esc. Which is more than up my alley. Small town, a market, lots of bakery's and small shops-they don't have any chain stores really in Concord, except one. Dunkin' donuts-for the coffee. Thankfully there is a awl-mart and a couple other essentials just outside of town. Concord is also very old fashioned, and just being there a couple days my sister Karlie says they are very big into the "go green" movement. No bottled water? We'll deal. Not to mention there are no stop lights in Concord! To save energy, they had them all removed. Can you say "stars hollow town meeting?" (For those of you Gilmore Girl's fans out there this will all be very easy to comprehend) Now since driving is maybe more of an issue without the stop lights- they may put them back in. We will see. All in all, Concord sounds like my one stop shop to paradise. Have a look.



This reminds me of the Avonlea bridge. "I don't want down sunbursts or marble halls- I just want YOU Gil" -Nate and I plan to do a little Anne of Green gables reenacting here..





Concord is very historical, and still has so many darling colonial buildings and sights to be seen. I am truly so excited for our upcoming adventures!! I have no doubt that this experience will be that of a life time. No one I would rather go with than my two boys! Massachusetts better watch it... :)





4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really fun place to live! How long are you guys planning on living there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds! That is so exciting! The pictures make it look...well... perfectly picturesque. Can't wait to hear more about your Concord adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck Linds this is such a cute, fun, and sad text all at once! I hardly ever get to see you but I will miss you! But can I tell you how jealous I am?! I wanna move to Concord (aka stars hollow) that is a dream of mine! You are going to be living the dream! Good luck and copper boom! ;) (ok so I know that is when Rory goes to college but I think its semi appropriate here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha there are no STREET lights not STOP lights. I wish there were no stop lights...can't wait for you to get here we went and looked at your new place last night!

    ReplyDelete