Friday, August 3, 2012

Lake Powell Recap

So since I had just delivered Carter when my family went to Lake Powell last year, we sadly had to miss the trip. This was the first time in almost 12 years that I didn't go to Lake Powell during the summer and it nearly ripped my heart out!! But this year, with Carter not being a new born any longer (half sad half amazing) we took him with us!! He was a trooper in the car. He watched Mickey Mouse clubhouse, ate snacks, played with toys, even slept for a minute! And it was a great road trip to the place I love most. I thought I'd add a few pictures of my little guy since he looked DARLING 100 percent of the time in his life jacket-although he didn't love it...


Probably Carter's two most favorite things were driving either boat with Grandpa, and playing in the sand. He would just walk around in the sand forever and ever using his little hoe, pushing the trucks, then making a mad dash for the water. He liked the water a LOT which was great and a little worrisome. But we would just stand in the shallow water and let him splash and play around until he'd crawl back up into the sand again. Wet. Sand. yuck. But he was so durn cute I couldn't help but let him do his little boy thing. What a sweetie. Not so much about smiling for the camera yet though...


 Below is featured my AMAZINGLY good looking husband showing us how a real model uses the wind to their advantage.

Carter wearing Grandma's glasses. So cute while they were on his face for .2 seconds.
Haha and so now you meet Carter's little pouty face. He was worried about the swimmers in the water. Whenever I got in he would whine and even cry.

So we put him in the water too. This is his "whusat!?" finger. And yes he does like to say whusat to everything. :)

 This is me with my sister Erin- FINALLY enjoying the sun coming out!! It was actually pretty gloomy and overcast the whole first day we were there, but once the sun came back it was heavenly I say.
The great thing about the speed boat is that it had this weird lulling effect on Carter and he slept every time we went for a ride. Here he is below-our little muslim baby (we always had to keep a cool cloth or towel over him)


Captain Carter of the USS Pa's Conchubine Ship


The husband thinking he is going to OWN on the tubes.


The wife toughing it out- while the husband GETS owned.


To put it simply- I LOVE LAKE POWELL. One of the greatest places on earth. I have so many memories here and will love it til the day I stop kickin!!



No comments:

Post a Comment