Every morning on my way to work I pass a quaint little pond with ducks usually afloat, enjoying the summer sun. When Nate was driving me to work in the morning's we began to become very familiar with each duck, and their little quirks. I LOVE ducks. The way they waddle, the way they dip their head into the pond and disappear, the way they look when they drink the water (funny lookin' tongues, but mostly I looove their feet. They really just do it for me. So in passing, we noticed that two of these ducks were ALWAYS with each other. Smitten! In love! Never seperated for even a moment! I saw them trekking down the road together, sleeping side by side, and beginning a new adventure every day. So Nate and I grew rather fond of these duckies. It was inspiring to our own relationship :) Well atleast for me it was. So we named them. Mallard and Mrs. Quackles. Mrs. Quackles is much....fatter bigger than Mallard, but we like it that way. Their love is unconditional regardless of outer appearances, and they make a darling duck duo! The problem now, is that for the past week I have looked and looked for the young couple far and wide, and I cannot seem to find them! It makes my mind run wild at the thought that something may have happened to them! Like perhaps one was hit by a car and the other died of a broken heart....or maybe they were being threatened by someone or something so they packed up their nap-sacks and skeedaddled. I hate to think I won't be seeing them every morning, so I won't give up hope. I've decided to post this message around the pond and Salt Lake Valley....
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE DUCKS?
Mallard (Pictured Left) and the Mrs. Quackles (Right) have gone MISSING.
Should Anyone find these said Ducks, please CONTACT: LINDSEY NEWMAN at the DUCK HOTLINE 1-800-QUACK, AND BRING THEM HOME!! Should these ducks act in any way hungry... DON'T FEED THEM! They are probably starving the poor dears. But NOTE: THEY HATE DORITOS, CHEETOS, AND DO NOT APPRECIATE THEIR BREAD SATURATED WITH PEANUT BUTTER (not good for the beak...) SO PLAIN OLD BREAD AND THE OCCASSIONAL WHEAT THIN WILL SUFFICE. (But don't offend the Mrs. by calling it a wheat THIN...just go with "wheatie". She's already self concious about being the plumper of the two.
We are waiting to hear any good news!! FIND MY DUCKIES!!!


Linds. I know this comment has nothing to do with ducks (except that--hey! i love them too!) But I don't know how else to get ahold of you, since you're not a slave to facebook like the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteAnyway - I cannot tell you how happy it made me to see you commenting on my blog! Ah man. I would really love to see you and baby Carter, too, but I am going into the MTC tomorrow. Yeah, it kindof came out of the blue.
But perhaps you can write me? I'd love to get baby updates and hear about your life. Hope everything is going well! I love you, Linds, and wish you the best!